Family Day Dec 2015
Miami Design District and the Institute of Contemporary Art present Family Day – an opportunity for families to engage in interactive activities throughout the museum and Design District neighborhood that introduce families to contemporary design and art. Events are generally scheduled the second Sunday of the month and are free and open to the public.
Schedule of Events – Sunday, December 13, 2015
Gift making activities for all in Elastika Event Space (Limit one per child)
- Children will create a holiday wreath for festive décor
- Enjoy the end of Hannukah with a fun art making menorah
- Families can create their own mobile with pre-cut holiday shapes
- Create your own unique scratch art bookmark and connect it to your mobile
Musical Performance by School of Rock
ICA Miami Exhibitions
- Shannon Ebner: A Public Character
As the first museum exhibition to survey Ebner’s series, ICA Miami’s presentation demonstrates the artist’s efforts to build a catalogue of images, and to locate them at the intersection of the graphic and photographic.
- Alex Bag: The Van (Redux)
On view in ICA Miami’s Atrium Gallery, video and performance artist Alex Bag’s exhibition, The Van (Redux)* centers around one of Bag’s key videos, The Van, 2001, and features a dramatic new site-specific installation.
- ICA Narratives (Student Exhibition)
Student participants in ICA’s Community Outreach program will have their own artwork on display in this special exhibition. ICA’s Community Outreach Programs aim to increase self-esteem, critical thinking skills, and access to contemporary art as well as to empower the social, cultural and gender-specific identity of its participants.
The Project [theatre] Presents
- There are only 12 days until holidays and Santa still can’t find his holiday spirit. He’s looked everywhere but he’s having a hard time adjusting to a world where cookies are replaced by kale chips and season greetings are sent via text message. This is a big problem for the future of the holiday spirit and it’s up to his elf minions to bring Santa into the 21st century before it’s too late.
Special Surprise Performance
Project [theatre] conclusion in Palm Court
- Will Santa find his holiday cheer? Holiday treats to follow.